Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (AKA Politics Suck)

A blog dedicated to holding our politicians accountable to We The People.

Thursday, September 11, 2008


Today marks the anniversary of the attacks by cowards on the twin towers and the pentagon. We will not forget that over 3000 of our fellow citizens, regardless of their politics, died at the hands of the terrorists hell bent on the destruction of America.

They do not care about politics, nor do they care to make peace with us, they want nothing more than to see our destruction.

Today we remember the tragedy. Today we relive the pain. Today we are reminded why our soldiers are fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. We took the fight to them so we don't have to fight them here.


It was 7 years ago, I was getting ready for work and had the TV on for noise as I got dressed. I heard a snippet, and it sent chills down my spine...the newscaster said that there has been a plane crash in New York, and reports were that it hit a building.

I turned around expecting to see a plane crash, and my heart sunk when I saw the smoke and realised, it was the World Trade Center.

I sat on my sofa and just watched.

My jaw open...my heart breaking...disbelief at what I was watching.

As I listened to the news they started talking about possibilities...was it a navigation error? Was it an accident? Was the equipment at a nearby airport malfunctioning. I thought of the movie Die Hard, was it a similar situation where someone has messed with the electronic equipment? Wierd thoughts.

Then abject horror as a I watched the 2nd plane fly into the South Tower.

I had to process that.

Did I really just see what I think I just saw?

The news caster droned on and I was screaming, look at the monitor you bitch!

Then the male came on, and said that a 2nd plane hit the towers.

At this point they rewound and it confirmed what I had just thought I saw.

Tears came fast and furious and I was desperate, I realised what happened, someone purposely rammed 2 planes into the towers. Who could do this? Why?

I was on my knees at this point. Praying to God that his will be done. Praying for the people who I knew would be trapped, hoping they got most of them out.

Phone rings...its my mom. "Dennis, are you watching this?" Her voice is shaking.

"yes Mom, I don't believe it but I see it"

Nothing more is said and somewhere at some time we hung up the phone.

It was time to go to work, I was already late. I get to the office, and the mood is somber, everyone is quiet and watching the tv in the break room. I take my place and we all just watch, not a word is spoken.

The day is a blur from that point on, I did my job, but it was mechanical. My passion wasn't there, it was gone.


Today as I sit and write this, everything is in full color.

I will not forget, the memory of those who died on 9/11/2001 lives on.

We will never forget

Labels: , , , ,


Blogger Jenn of the Jungle said...

Never give up
never give in
we can conquer
we can win.

11 September, 2008 13:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the gym that morning as usual. It was 0530 here in AZ. I wasn't wtaching the news, but I overheard someone say that a plane just flew into a building in NY. "Dumb pilot.", I thought. I went home, ate breakfast and took my car in for service before heading off to classes at the UA in Tucson. The Toyota dealership had the news on. It took a while for everything to sink in. Once it did, I called my Army unit. Technically, I was still in. I had three days before I was officially discharged. I asked them if I should come in and was told to shutup and lay low. I left the service while stationed at a training post. Had I still been at Ft. Bragg, I have no doubt I would have been called back in immediately.
The next thing that went through my mind was, "Where is my brother?" He was living in Maryland at the time with his wife and they both worked in DC. I didn't know if either of them ever had reason to go to the Pentagon. I called and called, but there was no answer. After a while, all of the lines were busy. I called my Mom and she was in tears because she couldn't find them either. I assured her not to worry and hung up the phone. I was still at the car dealership. I made one more phone call later that day to my friend Omar who did have reason to be at the Pentagon. Thankfully, he thought ahead and left a message on his cell phone letting everyone know that he was all right and would get in touch later. I did finally hear from him about a week later. He had just left a meeting in the Pentagon and was getting into his car when the plane hit.

11 September, 2008 20:19  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home