<

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (AKA Politics Suck)

A blog dedicated to holding our politicians accountable to We The People.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Whoa! Pregnant MAN??

By now you have probably heard the news about the 'pregnant man'. He (and I use the term lightly) is a transgender- once a female and now legally male. Apparently, when you get transgender surgery, you don't have to give up your reproductive organs, so you are essentially, both sexes. I read an interview with Thomas Beatie and submitted a letter, which you can read below. I don't know if it will get published. Let me know what you think about this whole thing. Some people simply believe it is a hoax. We'll see in a few months, I guess.

The original link I was going to use for the article apparently works only sometimes. They're probably overloaded, so I have linked here to the magazine's main site. It is a gay magazine, so don't be surprised by some of the ads.

If you can't or don't want to go directly to The Advocate, then try this link for the Times Online in the UK.

Here's the letter I submitted. It may not have gone through. Their web site seems to be having problems.
I honestly don't know what to think about this. Since I am anti-abortion, I would never advocate killing the baby and it is obvious she will grow up in a loving family, but since this whole affair has become so public, what effects will it have on this child?
Everyone will know she was not born in the normally accepted fashion. With Thomas keeping his "reproductive rights" after his transgender surgery, he presents himself as nothing but selfish.
I understand the couple wanting a child, but wouldn't adoption have been the better alternative? The couple was thinking only of themselves and their desire to have a child and not about the child herself. It is highly likely she will have to endure extreme ridicule while growing up. I hope the family is ready to deal with the aftermath of their decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home