<

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (AKA Politics Suck)

A blog dedicated to holding our politicians accountable to We The People.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wow, I get my own titles and everything!

Well, seeing as I’ll be a new contributor around here, I guess I should probably introduce myself. My name’s Nick, though I suspect I’ll need a snappy nickname. I was born in a log cabin deep in the back woods of… no wait, never mind. That was Abraham Lincoln. I’m from Sacramento, CA. Some people know it as the capital of California; some people know it as that place with the bathrooms between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. I am only 20, a bit on the young side, but I hope you won’t hold it against me. I’m currently working on a degree in Political Science at the local community college and working deep in the bowels of the local water park Sales Department, where I am a valued employee. (Meaning, I have everything filed away so wonky that they can’t fire me since I’m the only person who knows where everything is.) When I’m not bickering over politics or heckling LIAMD, I’m into zombie and monster movies, video/RPG games, splitting rails (wait, that’s Lincoln again!), civil war reenacting, sword fencing, and general awesomeness. I live in a cramped apartment with a small brooding black cat, a pet hamster, and my girlfriend (who is definitely not Abraham Lincoln).

As for my political beliefs: I think the best way to describe them is Pragmatic New Deal Progressive. I am a large believer that society, through the government, should try to make sure everyone has their basic needs met. I do understand that the government can go too far, and that a middle needs to be found, but I’m not exactly libertarian. I am also socially progressive on most issues, though there are a few issues where I’m more convoluted and moderate on (abortion). But I’m always willing to hear out the other side. Unless they’re scientologists. Religiously, I was raised Jehovah’s Witness, but have since turned far away from it and am a very lax Episcopalian. If you ever feel like contacting me, my AIM is “the makeout hobo”. If you want to know anything else, just ask. I should be putting up my first real post in a day or two.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

Again, welcome Nick

I hope I havent made a mistake..rofl..kidding

Its gonna be fun having you around as a contributor

10 May, 2008 21:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Tahoe last year. Wait, Sacramento has a bathroom??

You can't be all bad since you have a cat. Welcome aboard! (cough, loser, cough). Hee Hee

12 May, 2008 14:32  
Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

Be nice....no name calling, I know its in jest.

Sacramento not only has a bathroom, it IS a bathroom LOL

I lived there in the 90's (90-96) and it was a decent town, if I hadnt changed jobs I would still be there.

I still want to go back to the capital aquarium!

Any chance you can send me some picks of the aquarium Nick? hehe

12 May, 2008 15:49  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home