<

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (AKA Politics Suck)

A blog dedicated to holding our politicians accountable to We The People.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Don't Change Your Laws America

"At my age, my biggest dream is to have a child, but I don't want him to suffer what I've suffered as an illegal," says Los Angeles resident, Cecilia Ruiz.

"I know that for now such an initiative is not law, but I worry about my future and having to leave my child behind if I'm ever deported," says the 30-year- old woman.

Did this bring a tear to anyone's eye?? Did anyone notice the first sentence? She admits she's an illegal. In the same breath the reporter here calls her a resident of LA. Which is it??

LOS ANGELES – Legislation denying citizenship to children born to undocumented immigrants residing in the United States, sits quietly in Congressional subcommittee while the Senate gears up to debate a second law, HR 4437, that immigration right's groups say unfairly hurts undocumented immigrants.

And although the citizenship legislation, HR 4437, the "Border Protection and Anti-Terrorism and Illegal Immigration 2005 Control Act," does not appear to be moving quickly, many undocumented immigrants say they fear that situation could quickly change.

The "situation" needs to change and it can't come quick enough. "Undocumented" is "illegal" and the media can try to bleed my heart but it isn't going to work. I respect the laws of this nation. I respect my fellow citizens who do the same. I welcome foreigners to America, for a better life, so long as they do it legally.


Introduced last year by the author of HR 4437, Republican James Sensenbrenner, and endorsed by other Republican elected officials including Tom Tancredo, Nathan Deal, J. D. Hayworth and Jack Kingston, "The Citizenship Reform Act" proposes that only children born to American citizens, naturalized citizens or permanent residents be given U. S. citizenship.

Currently, the U.S. automatically grants citizenship to all those born in the country, except children born to diplomats subject to international treaties.

Alleging that close to 300,000 undocumented woman cross the border every year to give birth to children in the U. S. as a ploy to get US citizenship and that the cost to taxpayers for medical and prenatal care is too high, Republicans endorsing the anti-citizenship measure say they will not rest until they see the legislation become law.

Times have changed and so should the laws. Nothing is progressive when it isn't kept up to date right? Women who enter the US illegally just to have their babies don't deserve citizenship. They should be booted right back out to where they came from. Sound harsh? Well, it's harsh when you're an American citizen, in LA, in labor and waiting for a bed because some Latino-illegal bimbo is using the space. What's more harsh is the American woman will pay the bill of the illegal bimbo, via taxes and increased cost of heathcare in general. Nice trade.

A possible reemergence of the proposition keeps activists pro-immigrant groups worried and alert, with some saying they are prepared for its return due to the recent anti-immigrant wave of "vigilantes," extremists" and "unconstitutional laws" being pushed in the country.

Say again?? What unconstitutional laws? If Congress passes legislation, it becomes the LAW. Sounds like some of these people need basic education in American civics.

"An initiative that denies citizenship to children of undocumented immigrants goes against the Constitution," says Angela Sambrano, president of the Central America Resource Center.

According to the 14th Amendment, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."

"The legislation would change the U. S. Constitution. That's why it hasn't advanced to the Senate. But we know the Republicans in favor of this act will come back to try and take away the rights to citizenship and we will be there to fight them," says Sambrano.

Ahh lady...take that course in civics will you?


To deny a child the right to be a citizen because his mother is undocumented is something we [activists] will not tolerate," says Michelle Waslin of National Council of La Raza.

"Most women don't plan to get pregnant so that in 21 years they can become residents," said Ruiz. "That's crazy... if I wanted it that way, then I would be getting married to a 'gringo,' so I don't have to wait that long for my legal residence..." she says.

Ms. Waslin, I don't think you understand the force behind the modern movement against illegal immigration. It's not the Senators, it's we the AMERICAN people.

Cross Posted @ ARS

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohhh. Hey! Aren't you flight pundit??

28 February, 2006 10:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now that I've actually read the whole post...

I totally agree. The maternity ward at the Copper Queen Hospital in Bisbee, AZ closed a few years back because they couldn't afford to keep it open. Why, you ask?? Well because everytime one of those ILLEGAL border jumpers gave birth, they were brought to our local hospital. Of course they never paid their own bills. WE, the local AMERICAN people had to pay them. Still, the hospital almost declared bankruptcy. As a matter of fact, they are looking at closing the entire hospital within the next two years because of the ILLEGALS using the place. That means I will have to travel at least 45 minutes to get to an emergency room! If I die, can I sue Mexico?

On another note, if you enter Mexico illegaly, they shoot you on site. Can we have that law?

28 February, 2006 10:42  
Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

THe copper queen closed? They just paid my company 200k for a new fire alarm 2 years ago...sigh

"That means I will have to travel at least 45 minutes to get to an emergency room! If I die, can I sue Mexico?"

If you are dead...how are you going to sue Mexico? LOL It would be worth a shot though....lawsuits have been paid on sillier things

" if you enter Mexico illegaly, they shoot you on site. Can we have that law? "

I am all for it, what say you Raven?

BTW Vet, Raven is a friend of flightpundits :)

28 February, 2006 11:01  
Blogger Raven said...

I know it's bad down your way..but it's spreading up my way too, this invasion.
We have problems with illegals who blatantly lie about their status. They take advantage of the resources up here, they cause a ruckus with our schools.

Soon enough I will be coming out to meet all of you, Michael and his friends and you fine people. We will go shoot. LOL.
You have plenty of tagets.

AirBornVet, email me. I want details about this hospital stuff...will make a great post!
Personal experiences...I need to hear them.

28 February, 2006 14:43  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home