<

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (AKA Politics Suck)

A blog dedicated to holding our politicians accountable to We The People.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A little of this and a little of that........

So here is what I have been encountering lately.

Last week I was on the phone with a liberal friend talking about life and family, she turned the conversation towards politics and I tried to turn it back away from it. The reason is that she argues with me, gets mad, hangs up and stays mad at me for a few weeks...and the reason she gets mad? I have a rebuttal for all of her arguments. This woman is no casual acquaintance of mine, her and I go back 15 years. But its always the same thing...she brings it up, blames me, calls me names (notice a pattern here anyone?) then picks up her ball and goes home. The whole time I am calm, listen to what she has to say with focus, then calmly discuss my rebuttal. She jumps up and down, yells..and hangs up. Sheesh.

(Hang with me here I am going somewhere with this)

So last night I am at the dog park and talking to a few acquaintences of mine who I have become friends with over the past year..both VERY sweet girls who I have nothing but admiration and respect for, and have told them as much. The conversation turned to politics and again..I tried to steer it away, even asking 1 girl who knows my conservative views 4 times if she was sure that she wanted to get into this conversation with me, because there is plenty else to talk about. She insisted she did and we started off with her telling me that she would never date a guy like me BECAUSE of my conservative views...whatever I thought...I am not interested in her (any longer) in that way. So we started quietly talking about current issues with borders, the war etc, girl #2 stated that she really didn't know a whole lot other than what she has been told by others so she was open to hearing me, girl #1 is going to be a teacher and was up to date on everything current (good for her..not only that she had well reasoned and based ideas on what she believed..unlike girl #2 who only knew what she was told) The conversation was easy and civil enough until girl #1 started talking about the no child left behind legislation, she immediately started blaming Bush and I had to gently remind her that No Child Left Behind was something that Clinton laid the framework for, but neither Clinton nor Bush had anything to do with its passing, Congress (which at the time, was a majority democrat) did. She screamed...YES screamed..that she didnt care...it was Bush's fault it is in law.

I asked her if she REALLY knew what the act was about, she insisted she did, but also insisted that there are a lot of good teachers out there..something which I am in total agreement with her on, there are a LOT of FANTASTIC teachers in the education system, unfortunately, there are also a LOT of POOR teachers who rather than teach the 3 r's take the opportunity to indoctrinate their captive audience in politics which have nothing to do with the issue at hand. When we discussed this aspect Girl #2 started accusing me of saying Girl #1 was a poor teacher and when I rehashed what I said, she literally got red in the face pissed off. (notice a trend anyone?)

When I let them know that No Child Left Behind is a performance based system, Girl #2 re-iterated that I accusing girl #1 of being a poor teacher. I looked at both of them and said, "can we discuss something else please?" They both looked at me and went dead quiet. I got up, gathered my dog and left the park. Neither one of them bothered to call me that night neither would girl #2 answer her phone when I called.

So much for friendship and understanding of different ideals huh?

This brings up a few things which I am sure those who have read this with an open mind have noticed...1. You can not have a conversation with a liberal without them getting pissed off and angry...its just not possible, this has been proven TIME and again by conversations I have had. 2. You can not rely on liberals to be anything other than hypocrites, of these 2 girls, one of them has a drug problem, is confused about her own issues and dates guys who are worthless pieces of shit that abuse her. The other is just along for the ride and takes whatever road is easiest at the time. And they accuse me of being bad because I voted for Bush...I dont see how one equates with the other...but whatever. Add to that that neither one would date someone based purely on politics...well we can all see the ridiculousness of that, they would date a scumbag that abuses them, but God forbid they would date a conservative who would treat them well and love them unconditionally..not to say that there are not liberal guys out there who would do the same, but you see the comparison.

Reasoned discourse is a thing of the past for liberals. They are so out of control and so far to the left that they are teetering on the edge of a chasm waiting to fall over, and they can not see those who are to their right because they are so blinded in their obsession to go over the edge. Conservatives can have a discussion, remain focused and on topic, address issues one by one and not get angry because they are standing on firm, solid, proven ground.

Since then, both have contacted me to apologise, I accepted but now know that even if they insist, I wont. Its just not worth it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn Dennis, this sucks for sure. It's all new to me, this debating with friends and co workers about politics and what not. I used to call myself a liberal but that all changed after 9-11. I was a lot more conservative when it come to social programs though, for a long time. I too, recently, have noticed it ia difficult to have a discussion about issues with people who hold onto the liberal lies. Almost all of them base their beliefs on rumor, half truth, misinformation, outright lies and propaganda.

Almost all liberals blame Bush for the NCLB act, and they are not up to par with the history of this law. It is a good thing in essence but it isn't working because education holds an extremely high number of liberals- the teachers themselves.

Liberal minded people are not capable of making honest debate because they do not accept facts. When we confront them with facts they get pissed off and run away, as you saw firsthand.
And I have been told by MANY liberal men that I make their "skin crawl" because of my political leanings. Its ashame.

04 April, 2006 13:36  
Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

Yes Raven, its a damn shame, and its ridiculous...but the bright side is that anyone who places that high a value on hating Bush probably has a LOT of other issues in their lives that they need to deal with to understand what a happy relationship is.

I am reminded of this one show I watched on Discovery Medicine. It was one of those plastic surgery things (dont even get me started on that)..lol. ANyway, this one woman blamed Bush because she had frown lines and wrinkles....and I looked at the TV and said...you have more issues than just needing plastic surgery lady, as I changed the channel.

I would pay good money to just to have one reasoned discussion with a liberal that wont get mad and pick up their ball and go home, but its not possible, so c'est la vie

05 April, 2006 13:43  
Blogger Raven said...

....SO??? Gonna do a post about Plastic or what?? LOL

06 April, 2006 19:40  
Blogger Michael Hawn said...

At least they didn't call you a Nazi, My best friend that I meet in 6th grade called me a Nazi at a Halloween Party on 2004 because I answered his question on who I was going to vote for. I was left speechless.

09 April, 2006 07:11  
Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

Wow Michael....that is some messed up shiznit.

I just don't get it how people can let ones political views get in the way of a friendship...I seem to be able to make friends with all people, but once politics come into play, they (liberals) are suddenly your worst enemy.

I reckon that is part of the mental disorder of liberalism..no?

10 April, 2006 06:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some best friend that is Michael.

I have found that I cannot be around people who think...Liberal. Why? Because it effects every aspect of their very being. Really. From the clothes they wear to the beer they drink to the cars thy drive...LOL...LIBERAL is written all over them, they're belongings, their attitude. It sucks because it limits them and me...And to be honest I get totally turned off by men who lean left as well. They bore me. They're not fun- they take life and themselves WAY too seriously. They have to think about every little THING (kind of like women are supposed to be like...feminine LOL)I won't say liberal men make my skin crawl...that's extreme. But they don't make me feel very safe and secure. They make me feel very odd because of who I am-they're threatened by me being me. Huh. Pfft.

Liberal women are much worse. I have a few friends, not good and close friends. They are freaks as well and they lie up a storm and they are very demanding and demeaning at the same time. Snobs. They treat their guys like shit. They think they deserve "better" since they are FEMALE.

10 April, 2006 16:18  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Nazi thing has become the liberal catch all du jour.

Personally, I think Hitler was an evil maniac, bent on world domination. I am not evil, and am bent on world domination, uh, I mean spreading democracy. ; )

Nice blog you've got here. I've had the exact same conversations as you a million times.

My favorite is when one of my liberal friends, which are few, spouts of on some point, the war, 9/11 conspiracies, whatnot, and I gently correct them, and they say something along the lines of,"Oh, really, I didn't know that."

I fear that the Kool-Aid consumption is at an all time high on the left. They calmly lap up the words of Soros/Moveon.Cindy/Hollyweird, and believe every word, without a thought to reality. Sad.

12 April, 2006 08:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does suck. I was married to a Democrat, and unlike most liberals, she was BORING in bed!
Most liberal girls I have known over the years just want to (in my immortal words over at BMEWS) "...f**k and f**k and f**k and f**k and f**k and f**k and f**k andf **k...and f**k until it hurts and then f**k some more!" They don't have much of a mind for anything else.

14 April, 2006 07:11  
Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

I would be offended if I wasnt so amused...ROFLMAO

You are right though :D

14 April, 2006 09:16  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home