<

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (AKA Politics Suck)

A blog dedicated to holding our politicians accountable to We The People.

Monday, November 27, 2006

OK OK OK I GIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHEEZ!!!!

Raven over at And Rightly So! Has a post about Wal-Mart and John Edwards..you remember, hes the good looking lad who ran opposite FrankenKerry in 04...talk about your beauty and the beast! (as far as guys go that is...I am no judge or expert in this arena, just from what I have been told!)

Anyway, it seems ole Johnny was over at a Barnes & Noble for a book signing in Manchester, NH...apparently his choice of venues leaves a little to be desired because its RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a Wal-Mart.

Now let me preface what I am about to say with a little history on Wal-Mart and me. First, I stopped shopping at Wal-Mart about 8 years ago, it has to do with a personal boycott that I placed on them due to their products and where they come from (Mainly mostly China....I gotta make a note, that is a good title for a song!lol) There was that AND I found out they undermine their employees who work there. I have always been a STRONG backer of unions, mainly because they keep management in check and make sure the big guy doesnt walk all over the little guy. Its a problem that I have seen many times in non-union jobs with guys getting canned for no reason other than the boss is an insensitive cry baby jackass (AHEM...my current boss) Getting canned for no reason is something I just cant see....and I have a REAL problem with the people who bloviate that if you are doing your job, you wont get fired...this is SIMPLY not true.

Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah, anyway, ole Johnny boy set up shop next to the Wal-Mart and started bloviating (that is my new word of the day .. lol ) About how Wal-Mart is the evil empire and should pay its employees better. Well...I agreed with that premise until I read the following:

The Barnes & Noble where Edwards will hawk his book pays $7 an hour to start. The Wal-Mart that sits just yards away pays $7.50 an hour.

As of now I lift my request on my friends and family to not shop at Wal-Mart...I encourage them to...I wont do it...no way...no how...uh uh. But I will no longer bemoan those who do. I stil have personal reasons for not going (Ever seen the class of people that are in there? And have you ever noticed how the stores are ALMOST NEVER clean?)

I still however remain a strong backer of unions, provided they are giving back to their members what is expected in return for that payroll deduction..ie: Pensions, contract negotiations for a fair work environment and pay that is commensurate with the work being done. A perfect example of this is the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, of which I was a member of local 595 for a few years. They did an OUTSTANDING job of negotiating and providing training for quality work. I know I know...there are corrupt unions out there (the textile workers union comes to mind) But for the most part, unions are a thing of beauty.

Go ye forth and shop at Wal-Mart, just remember to keep your lysol, mace and hand sanitiser handy at all times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to ask, are you implying by your name that you are in fact mentally handicapped? I have nothing against you if that is true, but the liberal ideology strongly supports unions and much of what you were raving about in this post... so from reading this post you sound like a liberal, although i wouldn't say that sounds crazy..

04 December, 2006 18:43  
Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

not funny

play nice

04 December, 2006 18:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I wasn't really trying to be mean, just pointing out the hypocracy in your talk of ideology. Maybe you should question your own allegiance, maybe you hate parts of the left or maybe extreme leftists but for a person whose name is Liberalism is a mental disorder you should be pretty far Right, which you obviously aren't. I'm pretty centrist myself and for the reason taht there are many parts of the Right and Left ideologies that when combined represent me perfectly, maybe it is the same for you and you don't know it?

04 December, 2006 19:40  
Blogger LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder said...

There is nothing new or exciting about some conservatives being pro-unions. I know of plenty of them.

And if being conservative makes me far right, then so be it. I have no issues or questions in my mind about who I am or what I believe in.

And my views are scattered throughout my blog with no shame or guilt on my part.

05 December, 2006 05:26  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home