<

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (AKA Politics Suck)

A blog dedicated to holding our politicians accountable to We The People.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving, what I am thankful for



Today, I am thankful that I have the right to sit here and freely say what is on my mind, without fear of Government censorship. I am thankful that I live where my choices have benefits or consequences, and I am free to make those decisions without the government stepping in and making that decision for me. I am thankful that I have chosen to seek out a trade which affords me good pay, good benefits and freedom to spend the money I make how I see fit.



Today, I am thankful for the United States Marine Corps, who is always the first to go in and take care of business in my name, an American Citizen.



Today, I am thankful the United States Army exists to ensure my continued freedom by defending democracy and free thinking all over the world



Today, I am thankful for the United States Air Force, who keep the skies above me free of threats. I am also thankful for the great job they do in delivering surgical strikes on targets while minimizing collateral damage.



Today, I am thankful that the United States Navy keeps the waters all over the world free and safe.



Today, I am thankful for the men and woman who keep the homeland waters safe, putting their lives on the line to rescue people in distress, take on drug runners and continue the mission of securing our borders on the sea.

Today, I am thankful for the President of the United States, George W Bush, who took on the difficult war on terror, and has stood steadfast by his pledge to seek out and destroy terrorists and those who would seek to do us harm worldwide. He promised that he would take the fight to them, and that is what he did, regardless of public opinion. I honor this man as a man, one who has shown courage and fortitude in the face of opposition and anger.

Today, I am grateful to the over 3 MILLION of my fellow citizens who have VOLUNTARILY stood up to be counted and serve us, their fellow citizens, though they do not know us, but rather do so based on a sense of honor, duty and sacrifice. It is because of them that we have freedom. It is because of brave men and woman such as PFC Rick Picquette (US Army) - a young man who is like a son to me - who is Iraq right now, protecting you and me, and fighting them, so we dont have to.

Today, I am thankful that I can freely worship how I see fit, and others can do the same to worship their God, or not worship at all. It is because of brave men such as LanceCpl Joshua Lucero (USMC) - a young man who was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq and whose dad I know and respect a great deal - that we are able to do this, without fear of the government forcing one idea down our throats.

Today, I am thankful that I have the right to keep and bear arms, and others can do the same. It is because of brave men and woman such as Lance Cpl Robert Zurheide - a young man who was killed fighting islamofascists in Iraq and whose family I know and respect a great deal - that we have this right.

But mostly, I am thankful that today, I will go to a friends house, sit down to dinner with her family, pray, eat, laugh, live and love and I will do so without reservation or hesitation.

Today, I am proud to say that I am an American. Today, I am proud to say that I am a servant of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Today, I am proud to say that Jesus died and redeemed me of my sins. Today, I am able to sit here and say these things, without fear of someone knocking my door down, why? Because the brave men and woman of our armed forces keep us safe...they toil in sweat, fear and danger while we sit with our families eating and sharing memories, they toild in sweat, fear and danger while we sleep in our beds.

God bless our military, God bless our President, God bless our children and God bless America.

America, land of the free, because of the brave.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God continue to bless America.

Amen!

23 November, 2006 21:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home